I'm told that it's good to share. There's nothing startling here, just a few random thoughts and insights into my little world. If you've visited this site deliberately - thanks for coming. If you've stumbled upon it then I hope you find something of interest. Welcome to my world!

Saturday 28 July 2007

The f*** word!


I've just come back from a walk around the corner to get a bag of chips. On the way home I was followed by a guy who was using his mobile phone. The conversation was liberally sprinkled with the f*** word. I don't think I'm an old prude, but am I the only one who finds the way this word has become common language now really offensive?


Last week I saw and heard a father telling off his young son. The lad was probably about 4 or 5 - yet Dad berated him, shouting the f*** word at him. It won't be surprising if that youngster grows up thinking it's an OK thing to say.


I thought Rod Stewart's recent comments at a concert (he said that if he swore on stage he would give every member of the audience £10) were great. I wouldn't allow people in my house to use the f*** word - but even the mainstream TV channels regularly feature programmes with strong language and swearing.


How about a campaign to stamp out swearing? It's not cool, it's not bright, it's not nice, it's not really how we want our kids growing up, is it?

1 comment:

Ann said...

I am with you Cedric ! We don't allow that language in our house - but yet we do keep the TV on at times when we shouldn't. Thanks for the reminder !

Welcome to my page

Welcome to my page
Silver Wedding anniversary celebrations