I'm told that it's good to share. There's nothing startling here, just a few random thoughts and insights into my little world. If you've visited this site deliberately - thanks for coming. If you've stumbled upon it then I hope you find something of interest. Welcome to my world!

Tuesday 24 July 2007

Tuesday thought for the day (3)


Our emergency service teams have been working in Rwanda for the last few months, supporting a group of 70 refugee families who were recently forced to return to Rwanda after a decade living in Tanzania. We've built individual latrines for each family and installed a borehole and safe supply of clean water. The place has been transformed.

We are now hoping to construct a community centre on the site - from which education programmes and a health post can be run. It will also pave the way for a new corps.

I received a report from the team today. last Sunday they held a worship service on the ground that has been donated by the Mayor for the new worship centre. 197 people attended (135 adults and 62 children). When the appeal was made at the end of the meeting 25 first time seekers came to the 'mercy seat' to claim salvation!

And still I hear people question how Emergency Services contributes to the mission of The Army!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Wow! That's amazing. I love hearing stories like this. Praise God that He is still working so actively in the world. When is it gong to happen here?....

Liz said...

Hey Ced - I'm always really moved by stuff you and your team do. I was reading Chris Parker's blog the other day and just thought - what an amazing opportunity. Joe has already expressed an interest in something international after the Intl Development guys went to Summer School last year.You ARE the Salvation Army! :)

Welcome to my page

Welcome to my page
Silver Wedding anniversary celebrations