I'm told that it's good to share. There's nothing startling here, just a few random thoughts and insights into my little world. If you've visited this site deliberately - thanks for coming. If you've stumbled upon it then I hope you find something of interest. Welcome to my world!

Monday 24 December 2007

Room at the inn?



Can't believe it's 3 weeks since my last posting - what a busy time Christmas is, eh? Well, it's Christmas Eve and everything's ready for tomorrow. Lyn's been rushing around like mad and I've chipped in every now and again (!) with a bit of emotional encouragement even if not much practical help.
Salvationists are often accused of being so busy throughout December that we miss the real meaning of Christmas. I don't know if that's true - although I would have appreciated the opportunity to go to a quiet and thoughtful service at a church somewhere tonight - to just sit, with no responsibility or part to play and simply drink in the atmosphere of Christmas Eve. Sadly, I can't. Again, for the 6th year running, I have to attend a midnight service at the Army. I don't know why we hold them - we can't do them as well as other churches. Why don't we give our folks a night of and let them bring in Christmas however they want to?
Last week I was in Sheringham to pick up my Mum and bring her to stay with us. Before we left I made my traditional pilgrimage to the sea front to look at the sea. As I wandered through the streets of the quaint town my attention was grabbed by the windows of a local pub - 'the Lobster'. There in the window was a lovely Nativity Scene, with the Holy family depicted in a stable. Seeing it there, taking pride of place in the 'Inn' came as such a contrast to the Christmas story as we know it - 'no room at the Inn'.

It reminded me that amidst all that demands my energy and attention during this Advent and holy season I must make sure there's room for Jesus.

To any who might read this and those who occasionally cast an eye towards this Blog - Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Welcome to my page

Welcome to my page
Silver Wedding anniversary celebrations