I'm told that it's good to share. There's nothing startling here, just a few random thoughts and insights into my little world. If you've visited this site deliberately - thanks for coming. If you've stumbled upon it then I hope you find something of interest. Welcome to my world!

Thursday 25 December 2008

New beginnings

Well, today is Christmas Day - which means it's 7 months since my last posting. Hardly keeping things very regular and up to date here, eh?
Life has taken a few turns in that time (what with moving home and changing roles) and I've got out of the habit of posting. That's kind of a shame as the habit of trying to see what each day is showing you is a pretty good one to have.
Today's been a good day - a good Christmas Day. Rachel, Rebecca, her fiance - Chris, and my Mum have been with us and the joy of giving and receiving presents has been experienced again. Once again, I've been reminded how much thought and care Lyn puts into making this time of year special for us all. So much hard work has been invested into the dinner and the presents. Nothing happens on its' own, does it?
I suppose that is today's thought - you only get out of something what you invest into it. As I've spent time with my family I'm grateful for the love they have invested into making the family work - not just today, of course, but for years.
We are now in a new era. The girls are making their own lives (since we left them behind and moved south) and today has been a demonstration that they are growing up and becoming independent of us. That's a good thing - it's how families are supposed to evolve. Even just a couple of years ago I couldn't have predicted where we would all be and what we would be doing today. But God has been watching over us and has His hand upon us and I'm very proud of what the kids have become.
In posting today's blog it's a prompter for a new blogging start for a new blogging year! I'll try to get back into blogging mode and put down onto cyber notepaper some of the things I see around me and record (for my own sake more than anyone else's) what's going on in my world.
Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Welcome to my page

Welcome to my page
Silver Wedding anniversary celebrations