I'm told that it's good to share. There's nothing startling here, just a few random thoughts and insights into my little world. If you've visited this site deliberately - thanks for coming. If you've stumbled upon it then I hope you find something of interest. Welcome to my world!

Wednesday 19 September 2007

Look up!


Last Sunday I ventured out at about 6.45am to pop around the corner and pick up my Sunday paper from the local Tesco corner shop. It was a lovely morning, the sun was shining and something prompted me to look up at the sky. It was one of those clear, bright blue skies. But what I noticed was the 3 planes circling above me. We are under the flight path where they stack planes waiting for a landing slot at Heathrow.

I pondered the fact that it's often me sitting in one of those planes, circling around, looking down over Essex. I imagined hundreds of passengers, tired from an overnight flight hoping to land.

It was a quiet morning, no one was about, but there was no sound from the planes. Had I not looked up I would be oblivious to the action going on above me. I thought of the power being generated in order to keep those planes up there; those passengers peering out and scanning the ground for landmarks.

Just for a moment it reminded me that God's presence is with me all the time. His power is evident in the world around me - even when I'm not aware of it. His angels are watching - and I'm sure the saints above are keeping an eye open from time to time, too.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I haven't spent time blogging recently and now realise just how much I am missing by not regularly checking yours Cedric ! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. This particular one is quite important for me NOW.

Welcome to my page

Welcome to my page
Silver Wedding anniversary celebrations